background

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

First Contact!!

I am so grateful to a mission president that allows his missionaries to drop a short note home.  We received this email around 11:00 p.m. last night (Tuesday)  which was 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday for her.  It is so great knowing that she is safe and happy.  Here is the short but sweet email:

Hello parents! I just wanted to email and let you know that I made it here safe and sound! Japan is kind of somewhat crazy..lots of things are different and I can't read most of the signs BUT it is super beautiful here and clean and everyone is SO nice. Honestly getting here sort of felt like coming home. I know that I am supposed to be here for whatever reason.
 
 The food is also SO good. I LOVE IT.
 
The Welch's are also awesome. I love them SO much. They shared with us that President Eyring told them that we as missionaries are foreordained to be serving with our specific mission presidents and I know that to be true. There are already so many things about them that I KNOW I was meant to be serving with them. They are just SO great. I love them lots, they are great, and I know I will be in the best of hands. 
 
Well, once again, I am safe and well. I was pretty sick on the plane but am here now and just trying to fight off the jet lag. I find out my new companion and head to my new area tomorrow, so all is well.
I love you guys so much and can't wait to get started in Japan!
 
Aishiteimasu!
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment