background

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Photos From the Opening of the Call

After what felt like eternity of waiting...my envelope FINALLY arrived!

I was so ecstatic I was literally jumping for joy.  Besides, I always like a good excuse to show off my hops.

I was so happy to bring my beautiful roommate Amber home with me to open my call

Kawika and I have been friends for 7 years now, and we have been going through the entire mission process together.  I have been so blessed to have a friend like him throughout all this time.

The cute little Bateman family-my Aunt Amberly,Uncle Dane, and my adorable cousins Maleah and Lily

The Webster family!! These guys may be my cousins but we were raised as close as siblings.  As an added bonus, my Uncle Roland served in Tokyo and was thrilled to have another Japanese speaker in the family.

The proud parents-I love you Mom and Dad!

It's going to be so hard to leave my siblings behind for 18 months..probably almost as hard as me coming to terms with the fact that I am officially going to be the shortest Pickering child

Family photo time
 
My best friends of 11 years came home with me to open my call.  I love these girls so much and am so grateful for how much they have changed and shaped my life throughout the years.  Makayla and Sadie are both huge parts of the reason I will be serving a mission.
I had the chance to run cross country with Bekah all throughout high school, and she was so sweet to come out for the night

Brittin is basically my little sister, and another girl I had the privilege to know through cross country

Madie and Rilee are two of my favorite human beings ever.  They are always there to brighten my day with their testimonies and inspire me so much everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment