background

Thursday, January 7, 2016

First Letter

We received our first letter today.  It was short and sweet but wonderful to hear that she is doing well.



Hi Family!
I got a few minutes to tell you guys that I am alive and well.  My companion is Sister Tupuola from Hawaii but she is Samoan and she is super chill.  We get along super well and we are the only sisters in our district.  Yesterday I was actually a solo companion for the majority of the day because her flights were delayed so all the elders were designated as my "bodyguards" so it was kind of crazy.  This morning we already had our schedule played with to go on splits with the STL's, but it is all good.  I am happy and doing well and love being a missionary!  This is where I am supposed to be and everyone is so happy and nice to me.  Yes the first lesson was entirely in Japanese, no English, and I was sooooo lost haha.  No clue what was even going on so that was an adventure, but it will be okay.  Hopefully it goes better with the help of the Lord today!  I am excited to learn!  
I love you all, I am praying for you so much and hope all is well.  Have a wonderful day and I will email you on Wednesday which is my P Day!  Tell everyone that I love them so much and so does Heavenly Father!
Aisheteimasu!
Sister Pickering
 
Of course being the good mother that I am,  I already Facebook stalked her companion.  She is from Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii.  She is going to the Tokyo South Mission.  She should offer Alyssa a great experience of getting to know a new culture and background.  It should be an adventure.  I can't wait until Wednesday to hear more of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment